‘Tis the the season to be jolly’, is once again upon us, and there is so much to look forward to. For most people, top of the list is seeing friends and family, the never-ending hope that it snows on Christmas Day, the turkey with all the trimmings to feed more guests than are actually present on the day, and lest we forget the copious amounts of alcohol and the Eastender’s Christmas special. However, if you are a big kid at heart, by far the best part has to be the presents and the anticipation that comes from ripping off the shining wrapping paper to be greeted with – a fluffy pair of slippers from Primark. Yes, one always needs one, but after decades of the same, a change is necessary. Cue the third annual Afridiziak Gifts and Occasions Winter Fair 2012 which gives you the well needed opportunity to give yourself and loved one’s cultural gifts that have that special je ne sais quoi, that you will never find on the high street.
Take a peek at the event details below and prepare yourself for the most unique and spectacular event of the year, taking place at The Drum in Birmingham on Saturday the 1st December and at the Electric Social in London on Saturday the 8th December. Costing a mere £3 entry fee, not only will you get the chance to win prizes, grab a goodie bag and devour delicious rum cake whilst you browse, the event will also raise funds for the Sickle Cell Society.
The Afridiziak Gifts and Occassions event is definitely one for the diary that you do not want to miss, especially as previous years have seen famous faces such as singer Shingai Shoniwa from the band the Noisettes in attendance. So what could be better than celeb spotting, gift shopping and rum cake eating all under one roof?
The best picks on the days include:
- Retailers selling culturally inspired gifts for men, women, and children including hair and beauty products, books, toys, educational gifts, paintings, jewellery, accessories, bags, clothing, gifts for the home, cultural cuisine, and greeting cards too
- The first 50 shoppers will receive a complimentary goodie bag
- Sample some Afridiziak rum cake as you browse the stalls and take in the vibes
- Blaze It Up Entertainment spinning an eclectic mix of tunes to keep you feeling festive
- [Birmingham] A special solo performance from Abigail Kelly – Soprano
- [Birmingham] A workshop on The art of Head Wrapping by Sister E
- [London] Gospel Essence Choir are back again this year
- Raffle prizes galore – we are raising funds for the Sickle Cell Society
- Images captured by Mellz Photography
- Food will be on sale at both venues
BIRMINGHAM: FIRST ANNUAL AFRIDIZIAK GIFTS & OCCASIONS WINTER FAIR 2012
DATE: Saturday 1 December 2012
TIME: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
TICKETS: £3 includes £1 charitable donation to the Sickle Cell Society | Payable on the door | Under 16s are free
VENUE: The Drum, 144 Potters Lane, Birmingham, B6 4UU | www.the-drum.org.uk
LONDON: THIRD ANNUAL AFRIDIZIAK GIFTS & OCCASIONS WINTER FAIR 2012
DATE: Saturday 8 December 2012
TIME: 12:00pm – 6:00pm
ENTRY: £3 includes £1 charitable donation to the Sickle Cell Society | Payable on the door | Under 16s are free
VENUE: Electric Social, 40 Acre Lane, Brixton, London SW2 5SP | www.electricsocial.com
For more details on the event have a look at the Afridiziak website via the link below.